Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Partner Michael Cohen Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Independence Business Alliance
- Duane Morris Partner Jonathan Segal Named "Outstanding HR Leader of 2013"
- Public Plans and Social Investing: When Doing the Right Thing Is Not Enough
- Duane Morris Partner Sheila Raftery Wiggins to Discuss "New Jersey Professional Responsibility and Ethics"
- Duane Morris Partner John Nixon to Discuss "Tax Hot Topics"
- THE BLUEPRINT(TM) for Emerging Life Sciences Companies
- Duane Morris Associate Amanda Layton to Speak at Penjerdel Employee Benefits and Compensation Association Retirement Plan Bootcamp
- Duane Morris Partner Denyse Sabagh to Discuss "Stateside Provisional Waivers"
- Duane Morris Partner Lori Ocheltree to Speak on "Social Media Networking Sites and Employment-Related Decisions" and "Privacy and Other Workplace Issues"
- Guidance For Employers' Hurricane and Disaster Preparation
- Electronic I-94s Are Here: Key Information for Travelers and Employers
- D.C. Circuit Court Vacates the NLRB's Notice Posting Rule
Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration
Duane Morris' Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration attorneys provide clients with a wide spectrum of global services - from timely advice on regulatory issues through litigation developments. With dozens of attorneys focusing on these integrated areas, we provide comprehensive analyses of workplace issues affecting our clients domestically and internationally. Our clients benefit from the integration of employment, labor, benefits and immigration services in order to meet the complexities of today's business environment.
Range of Services
Duane Morris' employment lawyers offer practical counseling designed to help our clients achieve their business objectives and resolve potentially disruptive labor and employment disputes. Our lawyers aggressively promote client interests before state and federal courts and in mediation and arbitration proceedings, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the federal Wage and Hour Division, and all other state and federal agencies. On the labor relations side, our lawyers have experience assisting employers in responding to union organizing efforts and regularly defend employers against unfair labor practice charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board. In cases where a union is already present, our lawyers represent clients in the collective bargaining process as well as in labor arbitration proceedings.
Duane Morris' employee benefits attorneys provide clients with the full range of benefits-related legal services, understanding that creating and maintaining effective employee benefits and compensation programs requires a delicate balancing of employee needs, company culture, cost, competitive pressures, and administrative and regulatory complexity. From qualified retirement plans to sophisticated equity compensation arrangements and from executive employment agreements to broad-based health and welfare plans, the firm's benefits lawyers combine practical experience with high-quality and efficient service that leads to practical solutions.
Duane Morris' immigration attorneys have a comprehensive knowledge of the legal, political and business context in which immigration and naturalization concerns arise. Our immigration attorneys have a reputation for responsiveness and efficiency, as well as a thorough understanding of immigration law and knowledge of bureaucratic intricacies, frequently dealing with decision makers at the Department of Homeland Security and Departments of State and Labor. One partner is a former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and served as an advisor on immigration matters to the Clinton administration's transition team. Our attorneys represent clients in all facets of immigration- and naturalization-related issues.
With each client, we incorporate business and cultural concerns into our advice in employment and immigration matters. With in-depth knowledge of current federal agency requirements, changing laws and fiduciary responsibilities, we provide sound strategic advice for our clients. We also work interdepartmentally with members of the firm's tax, corporate, reorganization and finance, and healthcare practice groups to assist in completing business transactions in a comprehensive manner.
Our clients range from sole proprietors and small, closely held family businesses to New York Stock Exchange-listed companies, and include multinational conglomerates, governmental entities, hospitals, universities, trade associations, churches and other nonprofit organizations.