Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris San Francisco Office Adds Immigration Partner Mariette "Jet" J. Stigter
- Comic Book Superheroes Pack a Diversity Punch
- Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Presents New Opportunities for Pennsylvania Businesses
- Duane Morris Hosts "Horrible Headlines 2: Lessons from Employment Law Controversies in the News This Year"
- Duane Morris Partner Lori Ocheltree to Speak at National Business Institute Conference
- Duane Morris Partner John Nixon to Speak at the ALI CLE's Course on Employee Benefit Plans of Tax-Exempt and Governmental Employers
- Duane Morris Partner Valentine Brown to Speak on "The Challenges and Opportunities of Global Mobility"
- Duane Morris Partner Lori Ocheltree to Speak at 11th Annual Fundamentals of Employment Law Conference
- Finding the Right Mix of Mentors in Your First Year
- U.S. Department of Labor Proposes Pay Transparency Rule for Employees of Federal Contractors
- Employer Mistakes With Leave of Absence Policies Can Be Costly
Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration
Duane Morris' Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration attorneys provide clients with a wide spectrum of global services - from timely advice on regulatory issues through litigation developments. With dozens of attorneys focusing on these integrated areas, we provide comprehensive analyses of workplace issues affecting our clients domestically and internationally. Our clients benefit from the integration of employment, labor, benefits and immigration services in order to meet the complexities of today's business environment.
Range of Services
Duane Morris' employment lawyers offer practical counseling designed to help our clients achieve their business objectives and resolve potentially disruptive labor and employment disputes. Our lawyers aggressively promote client interests before state and federal courts and in mediation and arbitration proceedings, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the federal Wage and Hour Division, and all other state and federal agencies. On the labor relations side, our lawyers have experience assisting employers in responding to union organizing efforts and regularly defend employers against unfair labor practice charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board. In cases where a union is already present, our lawyers represent clients in the collective bargaining process as well as in labor arbitration proceedings.
Duane Morris' employee benefits attorneys provide clients with the full range of benefits-related legal services, understanding that creating and maintaining effective employee benefits and compensation programs requires a delicate balancing of employee needs, company culture, cost, competitive pressures, and administrative and regulatory complexity. From qualified retirement plans to sophisticated equity compensation arrangements and from executive employment agreements to broad-based health and welfare plans, the firm's benefits lawyers combine practical experience with high-quality and efficient service that leads to practical solutions.
Duane Morris' immigration attorneys have a comprehensive knowledge of the legal, political and business context in which immigration and naturalization concerns arise. Our immigration attorneys have a reputation for responsiveness and efficiency, as well as a thorough understanding of immigration law and knowledge of bureaucratic intricacies, frequently dealing with decision makers at the Department of Homeland Security and Departments of State and Labor. One partner is a former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and served as an advisor on immigration matters to the Clinton administration's transition team. Our attorneys represent clients in all facets of immigration- and naturalization-related issues.
With each client, we incorporate business and cultural concerns into our advice in employment and immigration matters. With in-depth knowledge of current federal agency requirements, changing laws and fiduciary responsibilities, we provide sound strategic advice for our clients. We also work interdepartmentally with members of the firm's tax, corporate, reorganization and finance, and healthcare practice groups to assist in completing business transactions in a comprehensive manner.
Our clients range from sole proprietors and small, closely held family businesses to New York Stock Exchange-listed companies, and include multinational conglomerates, governmental entities, hospitals, universities, trade associations, churches and other nonprofit organizations.