Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Partner Patricia Hollenbeck Takes Office as Lawyers Club of San Diego's 43rd President
- Duane Morris Projects Honored by Urban Land Institute
- Duane Morris Chicago Office Adds Trial Partners Tomas M. Thompson and Mark A. Bradford
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Moderate Panel on "Leadership in the Boardroom"
- Duane Morris Partner Robert L. Byer to Speak at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's CLE Course on the U.S. Supreme Court's 2013-2014 Term
- Duane Morris Partner James C. Krieg to Moderate Panel on "The Bad Consequences of an "Investment" Gone South, and How to Protect Yourself"
- Duane Morris Partner Robert Fineman to Speak on "Insurance, Indemnity and Contribution: Reconciling Competing Indemnity Obligations and Insurance Provisions"
- Duane Morris Partner Beatrice O'Donnell to Serve as Course Planner and Speak at the "Trial of a Federal Court Case" Presented by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Duane Morris Partner Tomas Thompson to Serve as Panelist on "Cloud Computing & Mobile Device - How to be Prepared for Litigation"
- Generic Drugs At 30: Fulfilling The Promise And Path Ahead
- Pennsylvania Mechanics' Lien Law Amended, Clarifying Open-End Construction Loan Mortgage Priority
- Georgia Supreme Court Affirms Business Judgment Rule
Sophisticated consumers of legal services require certain qualities of their litigators. They look for depth, specific experience, geographic representation and a well-defined approach to complex matters.
Duane Morris' trial lawyers have the level of industry-specific litigation experience necessary to successfully manage large-case litigation for clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 100 companies.
What Sets Us Apart
Our clients tell us that our strength is in our know-how. Our process is to listen with an experienced ear, understand a client's business needs and objectives, and then fully evaluate appropriate strategies and combination of tactics. We employ an interdisciplinary approach – drawing on the appropriate practice group and industry-specific professionals.
We take our role as counselors seriously. This commitment distinguishes our litigation practice, which features:
Industry Experience and Teams
From electric utilities to chemical, from hospitality to telecommunications, Duane Morris lawyers represent clients in many industries in state and federal trial and appellate courts in the United States and in courts throughout the United Kingdom and European Union. Our collective capabilities are both deep and wide. We assemble teams of lawyers with particularized technical practice backgrounds, as well as individual industry experience.
Extensive Courtroom and ADR Experience
We call ourselves the "trial department" because we actually try cases to verdict. Whenever possible, however, we make use of alternative dispute resolution techniques such as arbitration and mediation to pursue the client's goals.
We advise clients on how to proceed and how judges have handled similar issues previously. We utilize a structured witness preparation program to educate witnesses on giving testimony. We are able to discuss an opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Our industry familiarity allows us to give on-point advice for industry-specific needs.
Our numerous offices allow us to staff each case with local talent who have had experience with the courts, the regulatory authorities and other lawyers in the jurisdiction. Each lawyer's longstanding presence in the local legal community is supported by the firm's lawyers in our offices across the United States and in London.
In London, we try cases, appeals and appearances in specialist divisions of the Construction & Technology and the Commercial Courts. Our London lawyers frequently are retained to monitor activities of regional law firms in the U.K. and elsewhere in the European Union.
Effective Resource Management
We are familiar with an industry's issues and can mobilize human and technological resources immediately. For example, we know how to process and analyze thousands of documents; our computer capabilities are regularly employed by Fortune 100 companies; and we have been a leader in alternative fee structures, including contingent fee and success premiums.
With the firm's advanced Information Services Department, we assist clients by structuring and managing evidence databases, calling upon cutting-edge software for case analysis and risk assessment, and preparing and using multimedia trial presentations, Extranets and other advanced litigation support tools.
Contingency Fee Practice
Our active contingency fee practice is unique among large law firms. We regularly represent clients otherwise unable to pursue large-case litigation.
Here are some of the specific industry areas we serve and litigation practices we maintain:
- Antitrust and Competition
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration, ADR and Mediation
- Aviation Law
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Healthcare Litigation
- Hospitality Industry Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration
- Probate Litigation
- Products Liability and Toxic Torts
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Risk Management
- Securities Litigation
- Surety and Fidelity Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Litigation