Duane Morris Establishes Super Storm Sandy Economic and Community Development Group; Will Work in Concert with Duane Morris Government Strategies
January 14, 2013
PHILADELPHIA, January 14, 2013—Duane Morris LLP has announced the formation of a Super Storm Sandy Economic and Community Development Interdisciplinary Practice Group, which will work together with Duane Morris Government Strategies, the firm's government affairs and lobbying unit, to assist clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region in the aftermath of the powerful September storm. The Super Storm Sandy Group will provide services to assist clients with rebuilding, associated infrastructure improvements and disaster planning. It will also help clients identify and implement federal and state subsidies and overcome obstacles to rebuilding and growth, including challenges posed by environmental remediation and zoning requirements.
The Super Storm Sandy Group is chaired by Art Momjian of the Duane Morris Corporate Practice Group and includes attorneys and other professionals experienced with federal and state incentives, including tax-credit and bond programs. Many group members previously assisted clients with the recovery programs enacted after Hurricane Katrina.
The members of the group with their practices and home offices include:
- Art Momjian (Philadelphia): federal tax-credit programs and affordable housing;
- Harvey Johnson (Cherry Hill, N.J.): affordable housing and land planning and zoning;
- Nat Abramowitz (New York), Bob Archie (Philadelphia) and Bruce Jurist (Baltimore): tax-exempt bond finance;
- James Carbin (Newark), and Andrew Gordon (San Francisco): insurance issues;
- Martin Monaco (Newark): tax-exempt entities;
- Phyllis Kessler (New York): energy and utilities;
- Lawrence Diamond (Newark): environmental;
- George Kroculick (Philadelphia and Cherry Hill): land planning and zoning;
- Amy Huskins (Atlanta), Chester Lee (New York) and Chris Winter (Wilmington): real estate and commercial financing;
- Jonathan Swichar (Philadelphia): insurance coverage and denials;
- James Greenberg (Cherry Hill, N.J.): construction and government contracting; and
- Frederick Cohen and Nicole Woolard (both New York): construction.
Joe Kuklis and Michael Pehur of Duane Morris Government Strategies (DMGS) in Pittsburgh will be joined by Eric Martins and the team members of DMGS offices in Newark and Trenton, N.J., to provide consulting and government affairs services to clients. DMGS will supplement the efforts of the Duane Morris Super Storm Sandy Group by assisting clients in securing tax credits, business incentive packages, grants and/or favorable financing terms from the federal government and the states of New Jersey and New York for purposes of post-disaster relief.
About Duane Morris
Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with more than 700 attorneys in offices across the United States and around the world, is asked by a broad array of clients to provide innovative solutions to today's legal and business challenges.
About Duane Morris Government Strategies
Duane Morris Government Strategies LLC (DMGS) supports the growth of organizations, companies, communities, and economies through a suite of innovative government and business consulting services. DMGS has a national presence with professionals in locations around the country including Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Ohio.