Kelly has represented clients in a broad array of industries—including health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, consumer products, and financial services—in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings throughout the country, as well as cross-border investigations by regulatory agencies. She has handled cases in all phases of litigation and has extensive experience drafting and arguing motions in federal and state court, coordinating cross-border discovery strategies, preparing for and taking numerous party, fact and expert witness depositions, working with experts, and drafting complex settlement agreements.
Kelly is a frequent author on litigation risk and regulatory issues affecting businesses in the cosmetics and personal care industries, and has been quoted in national publications on the application of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act and FDA regulations concerning cosmetics.
Kelly maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing applicants for asylum before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service and serving as a child advocate in Philadelphia Family Court proceedings
Kelly is a 2010 graduate of Fordham University School of Law, where she was a member of the Fordham Urban Law Journal and studied E.U. regulatory law at the European University Institute, and a cum laude graduate of New York University. She is proficient in French and knows basic German.
Areas of Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Fordham Urban Law Journal
- New York University, B.A., cum laude, 2005
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- White & Case LLP
- Associate, 2011-2017
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Lighthouse Guild NYC
- Volunteer reader to blind and visually impaired, 2006-present
- Author, "The Legal Side of CBD," DaySpa magazine, January 2020
Quoted, "Neon Eyeshadow Has Never Been More Popular, But Is It Safe?" Refinery29, July 26, 2019
Author, "Contaminated Cosmetics: Recalls, Lawsuits And Legislation," Law360, June 20, 2019
Author, "Risks Of Promoting Products As 'Safe' For Pregnant Women," Law360, February 28, 2019
Co-author, "Counterfeit Cosmetics: Fake Beauty, Real Danger," Law360, April 25, 2018
- Co-author, "Corporate Behavior and Atrocity Prevention: Is Aiding and Abetting Liability the Best Way to Influence Corporate Behavior?" Reconstructing Atrocity Prevention, Cambridge University Press, 2015