Duane Morris practices and industry teams have been ranked in the following areas in The Legal 500 US 2022 guide.
Utilizing offices across the U.S., Duane Morris LLP provides “seamless support in multiple jurisdictions” and is well-regarded for its “excellent cannabis experience and cross-border tax structuring experience.” The firm’s broad coverage in the cannabis industry ranges from regulation, litigation corporate and tax advice to employment, IP and IT issues.
Seth Goldberg is named a “Leading Lawyer” in this area.
- “[Duane Morris] has offices across the U.S., which allows it to provide seamless support in multiple jurisdictions. They have excellent cannabis experience, and cross-border tax structuring experience.”
- “The practice is unique because of the knowledge the attorneys have about the business of cannabis. The attorneys are up to date on the latest in cannabis news and offer clear and transparent communication.”
- “Tracy Gallegos is the best attorney I’ve ever had. She stands out because she is assertive; she gets things accomplished in a timely manner. She makes great decisions and I trust her judgement. I feel like she genuinely has the best interest of myself and my business at the forefront of her decision-making.”
Duane Morris LLP’s team is predominantly based out of San Diego and has an extensive offering across litigation, employment law and cybersecurity for colleges and higher education clients. The team also advises on corporate matters including revising faculty charters, regional accreditation standards and acquisition structures.
- “Duane Morris is an awesome, full-service law firm. It has superior bench strength in education and a broad range of specialized areas. We have worked with approximately 20 Duane Morris lawyers over the past few years and are constantly impressed with their skills, professionalism, personability, ability to temper legal advice with practical business awareness.”
- “Lawyers are very responsive and connect us successfully with the right specialized subject matter expert on very short notice. Duane Morris exudes a strong team approach.”
- “Strong communicators with an awareness of client business and risk context; practical and direct; polite, friendly and personable with the right balance of humor and ‘human’ skills, which makes the lawyers a pleasure to deal with.”
Duane Morris LLP is known for its corporate practice, providing expertise in M&A, licensing agreements and patent strategy for major life sciences companies. The firm is also strong in emerging companies work, with strong connections both to U.S.-based venture capital firms as well as with pharmaceutical groups in East Asian markets.
Other key lawyers: Sean Zabaneh
- “Team is very efficient and willing to give definitive answers on complex matters.”
- “They are responsive and practical. Patrick Gallagher is a great IP strategist. Sean Zabaneh is a top-notch litigator.”
- “This team is exceptional in every way. Most importantly, they talk to each other, are always on the same page and respond to the client in a very timely fashion. The team was technological advanced and client-friendly.”
Duane Morris LLP brings deep experience in health law matters to its client base of hospitals, physician practices, telemedicine providers and secondary care centers. With offices around the country, the team is able to provide dedicated transactional and contentious advice to large-scale and community-based clients.
- “They are a very thorough team and know the healthcare space well. They have a depth experience that is unmatched.”
- “David Loder is the best attorney with whom I have worked.”
- “The team as a whole has a great deal of expertise in many specialty areas. We have used them extensively for vendor contract development, board governance, policy development and HR issues.”
With a focus on commercial liability, the practice at Duane Morris LLP handles a wide range of insurance coverage and litigation matters, ranging from general liability, asbestos and pollution-related coverage to reinsurance.
The group is active in litigation and government compliance matters, representing companies in a wide range of industries including technology, telecommunications and healthcare.
Denyse Sabagh is ranked in the "Hall of Fame" category.
Practice head: Lisa Spiegel
- “Excellent personal service. Knowledgeable on the legal issues.”
- “Very accessible whenever needed. Always follow through.”
- “They give special attention to each immigration matter. Since immigration tends to run high emotions, their sincerity to every detail enhances employee satisfaction.”
Duane Morris LLP handles M&A, joint venture, strategic alliance, divestiture and corporate governance mandates, supplementing its transactional prowess with a wealth of commercial contract knowledge. The team is proficient in employment, distribution, manufacturing, licensing and outsourcing agreements, among others, and is well-versed in the representation of both public and privately held companies.
Practice head: Brian Kerwin
- “Very strong business instincts. Very strong understanding of many unique structural circumstances surrounding our company.”
- “Professional, responsive and very thorough.”
- “Very smart, think of everything and what I said above.”
Fielding a “very deep bench with many exceptional attorneys,” the construction practice at Duane Morris LLP is active across the full spectrum of matters, ranging from EPC, design/build and construction contracting, to bid protests and award disputes. Lawyers have experience acting in complex, high-profile projects in New York, Chicago, Texas, Florida and California, as well as internationally, regularly representing public and private owners and developers, prime contractors and subcontractors, construction managers, architects and other design professionals.
Brian Shue is named a "Next Generation Partner."
- “The Duane Morris construction law group has a very deep bench with many exceptional attorneys.”
- “I have worked mainly with Patrick Kearney at Duane Morris. He is an exceptional construction law practitioner. He has embedded himself within the industry, and therefore is capable of giving sound legal advice that is useful to the business.”
- “The Duane Morris team is very deep with significant experience of several members. They also work in a very collaborative style with clients and experts.”